The CILA Council have approved a change to the delivery of the examinations. The syllabus and measurements remain the same; the examinations have been put back by two weeks to assist candidates with the change in delivery.
There are three important changes:
1) Just like the Diploma, the examinations will be computer generated and the candidates’ answers typed
2) The examinations will be taken at Pearson Vue centres
3) The date of the examinations have changed and will take place on Wednesday 17th October 2018 - we are seeking to secure other dates to be a flexible as possible.
What you can do now:
1) We have put a sample examination in the same format that you will encounter on the day. You can access this by logging into MYCILA, clicking “Book an Exam (Start Qualification)” and then you will see “Sample Online Advanced Diploma/ACS Examination” at the bottom of the page and you can have a go by clicking “Take the Sample Online Examination”.
2) You can practice with the software and get used to the system
What the Institute is doing now:
1) We are arranging to send you a voucher code so that you may book your sitting at the location that best suits you. Just like the Diploma and Certificate examinations you may choose where you sit the examination.
2) We are arranging a survey from you so we may gain important feedback on the layout of the examinations. This is most important as it means that we will be able to tailor the actual examinations based on your feedback and the advice from Bournemouth University.
3) We are arranging a webinar to take place on Tuesday 25th September. You will be able to book your place in due course. This will be to provide greater guidance and answer any questions that you may have.
This is an exciting development and is designed on feedback we have received concerning the former examination process.
The CILA has the mantra of treating the candidate fairly. You can be assured that the change in the delivery process will be taken into account when the results are being moderated.
Finally, should the new date not be possible for you we will use best endeavours to arrange an alternative sitting.
We do trust that you will use the sample and I very much look forward to receiving your feedback via the Survey and Webinar.