Thursday, 02nd May 2019, 14:00
CILA Property SIG Workshop - CAT Adjusting: what you need to know - Novotel London Tower Bridge, 10 Pepys Street, London, EC3N 2NR
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to handle catastrophe (CAT) claims?
In this afternoon workshop loss adjusters will share the practical lessons they have learnt through experience, including:
- How to prepare before you leave the UK and what to bring
- Travelling to and living in a catastrophe environment
- Undertaking site visits and getting the claims process underway
- Common claim issues - policy wordings and cover, sums insured
- Emotional wellbeing and getting the most out of the experience
This interactive event is aimed at CILA members who have not yet experienced CAT Adjusting and will include a blend of speaker talks, case studies and group activities.
- Katherine Hay BA (Hons) Dip CILA, Domestic Major Loss Adjuster, Sedgwick International UK
- Toby Knight FCII FCILA FIFAA, Regional Manager – London, McLarens
- Mike McLean FCII FCILA FUEDI-ELAE, Commercial Technical Director, Sedgwick International UK
- Kevin Terry MCIOB MCABE MaPS MRICS ACILA, Major Loss Adjuster & Surveyor, Sedgwick International UK
- Dave Watts ACII ACILA, Executive Adjuster - Head of Home Foreign, McLarens
Registration is at 2.00pm, with the workshop to start at 2.30pm. The workshop will finish at 5.00pm.
Entry to this event is FREE and we invite CILA members to register their place.