Thursday, 24th Jan 2019, 16:30 - 18:00
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, 1 Piccadilly Place, 1 Auburn Street, Manchester, M1 3DG
This session with cover the following:
- A brief overview of the building regulations and the types of cladding
- Who the interested stakeholders are in any claims
- Claims under the Defective Premises Act 1972
- Freeholder responsibility and the recoverability of expenditure through service charges
- A look at the case law following the decision in Citiscape
- Claims under insurance policies
- Claims against the installers/manufacturers of cladding
- Claims against local authorities
- The two independent enquiries following Grenfell led by Sir Martin Moore-Bick and Dame Judith Hackitt respectively
- Roger Franklin, Partner | Head of Insurance Litigation , Edwin Coe LLP
- Oliver Pannell, Insurance Litigation Associate, Edwin Coe LLP
Registration is at 4.30pm, with the seminar to start at 5.00pm. Tea and coffee will be served during registration. The seminar will finish by 6.00pm and will be followed by networking drinks and canapes sponsored by Edwin Coe LLP.
Entry to this event is FREE and we invite both CILA members and non-members to book their places.
Event bookings are made via 'My CILA'. If you do not have a My CILA account, please create one. My CILA is available to both CILA members and non-members.