Thursday, 20th Sep 2018, 09:00 - 16:30
Nottingham Belfry, Mellors Way, Nottingham, NG8 6PY
Plant seeds of inspiration and nurture your knowledge
The CILA conference is designed to provide you with the latest news and knowledge about insurance claims and to bring you some fresh ideas and inspiration for how you work. Each session is developed with CILA members to ensure that the content is super relevant and helpful to the daily work and world of loss adjusters and claims handlers. So, come along and enjoy a unique day of learning, networking and fun.
- Artificial Intelligence: what are the claim risks?
- Using social media in claims
- Claims involving smart home technology
- CAT Adjusting and assessment of hurricane claims
- Brexit from the broker’s perspective
- How to recognise a vulnerable customer
- Managing stress and developing mental resilience
- Why fire is back on insurers’ agenda
- Keeping safe on site
Click HERE to view the latest conference programme.
- Steve White, Chief Executive, British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA)
- John Farrell, Partner, Kennedys
- Kieran Gallagher, Executive Director, McLarens
- Dr Rajen Lavingia, Technical Lead, Civil/Structural Division. Envista Forensics
- Gayle Straw, Founder, Mindproof
- Lauren Glover, Customer Care Manager, Sedgwick
- Michelle Haynes, Area Manager (London), QuestGates
- Helena Evans, Head of Private Clients, Davies Group
- Mark Harris, UK Cyber Technical Lead, Crawford & Company
- Aruna Chandrapalan, Senior Manager, Sedgwick
- Melissa Cunningham, Vice President, Marsh
- Steve Crystal, Claims Fraud Director, Sedgwick
- Brendan Gillooly, Head of Counter Fraud, Quadra Claims Services
- David Hennessy, Partner & Solicitor Advocate, Keoghs Scotland LLP
- Deon Webber, Senior Investigator, IFIC Forensics
- Dr Jim Glockling, RISCAuthority Director and FPA Technical Director, Fire Protection Association
- Justin Ingram, Senior Manager - Private Clients & Major Loss, Davies Group
- Andrew Bussey, Director, Smithers Purslow
- Simon Clarke, Managing Director, Clarke Infinity
- Dr Jake Irwin, Associate, Hawkins
Exhibition & Networking
The CILA Conference will include an exhibition area for sponsors of the CILA. This area will be available throughout the day for refreshment and networking breaks, along with the opportunity to take part in exhibitor activities.
Annual General Meeting
CILA members are invited to attend the AGM which will begin at 4.30pm and conclude by 5.30pm.
Post Conference Drinks
Delgates to the conference are cordially invited to attend the post conference drinks sponsored by Hawkins. This provides an excellent opportunity to discuss the hot topics of the day, catch up with colleagues across the profession, make new contacts and start the celebration of the achivements of our members.
CILA Awards Dinner
Conference delegates can also choose to attend the CILA Awards Dinner in the evening. This informal event starts at 7.00pm with an awards ceremony, with the CILA President awarding prizes to the highest performing candidate in each of the CILA qualifications between August 2017 and July 2018. A three course dinner will follow and the event will conclude at 11.00pm. Tickets to the CILA Awards Dinner can be purchased at a cost of £65 for both CILA members and non-members.
Group Booking/Company Discount
1 free place for every 5 bookings, i.e. 6 for the price of 5.
CILA Volunteer Discount
If you are a volunteer of the Institute, you are eligible for 20% off your conference ticket, paying £180 instead of £225.
To take advantage of either of the above discounts, please email your request to .
Event bookings are made via 'My CILA'. If you do not have a My CILA account, please create one. My CILA is available to both CILA members and non-members.