Thursday, 20th Sep 2018, 09:00 - 16:30
Nottingham Belfry, Mellors Way, Nottingham, NG8 6PY
Plant seeds of inspiration and nurture your knowledge
The CILA conference is designed to provide you with the latest news and knowledge about insurance claims and to bring you some fresh ideas and inspiration for how you work. Each session is developed with CILA members to ensure that the content is super relevant and helpful to the daily work and world of loss adjusters and claims handlers. So, come along and enjoy a unique day of learning, networking and fun.
- Costs and challenges of claims involving smart home technology
- Brexit from the broker’s perspective
- How to recognise a vulnerable customer
- Using social media in claims
- Hurricane damage
- AI and technology: what are the claim risks?
Click HERE to view the latest conference programme.
- Andrew Bussey BSc (Hons) DipArchCons FRICS MBEng, Director, Smithers Purslow
- Steve Crystal APCIP Cert CILA, Claims Fraud Director, Sedgwick
- Helena Evans ACILA FIFAA, Head of Private Clients, Davies Group
- Brendan Gillooly ACFS DipFSP, Head of Counter Fraud, Quadra Claims Services
- Lauren Glover, Customer Care Manager, Sedgwick
- Michelle Haynes BA Hons ACII ACILA, Area Manager (London), QuestGates
- David Hennessy, Partner & Solicitor Advocate, Keoghs Scotland LLP
- Justin Ingram AILA (SA) BDMA, Senior Manager - Private Clients & Major Loss, Davies Group
- Steve White, Chief Executive, British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA)
- Deon Webber, Senior Investigator, IFIC Forensics
- Dr Jim Glockling, RISCAuthority Director and FPA Technical Director, Fire Protection Association
- Gayle Straw MSc. BAHons PGDip (CBT) PGCert BABCP Accred, Founder, Mindproof
Exhibition & Networking
The CILA Conference will include an exhibition area for sponsors of the CILA. This area will be available throughout the day for refreshment and networking breaks, along with the opportunity to take part in exhibitor activities.
Annual General Meeting
CILA members are invited to attend the AGM which will begin at 4.30pm and conclude by 5.30pm.
CILA Awards Dinner
Conference delegates can also choose to attend the CILA Awards Dinner in the evening. This informal event starts at 7.00pm with an awards ceremony, with the CILA President awarding prizes to the highest performing candidate in each of the CILA qualifications between August 2017 and July 2018. A three course dinner will follow and the event will conclude at 11.00pm. Tickets to the CILA Awards Dinner can be purchased at a cost of £65 for both CILA members and non-members.
Group Booking/Company Discount
1 free place for every 5 bookings, i.e. 6 for the price of 5.
CILA Volunteer Discount
If you are a volunteer of the Institute, you are eligible for 20% off your conference ticket, paying £180 instead of £225.
To take advantage of either of the above discounts, please email your request to .
The Nottingham Belfry has agreed to offer CILA members a discounted bed and breakfast rate of £110.00 for Thursday 20th September. If you would like to book a room, please email your request to and you will be provided with a discount code to quote when booking directly with the hotel. Please note this offer ends on Monday 20th August.
Event bookings are made via 'My CILA'. If you do not have a My CILA account, please create one. My CILA is available to both CILA members and non-members.