Tuesday, 12th Sep 2017, 09:00
Hilton London Wembley, Lakeside Way, Wembley HA9 0BU
Resolving claims through shared expertise
The CILA Conference celebrates and promotes expertise in claims handling. The programme is designed to give claims professionals insight and advice on technical aspects of claims, along with opportunity to discuss and debate the issues of the moment. This year we will be considering the impact of the Enterprise Act, exploring cyber policies and learning about modular construction.
- The evolving cyber insurance market and development of cyber policies – what is insured?
- UK terrorism, an analysis of the threat and potential impact for loss adjusters
- Growth in offsite, modular construction methods, what are the issues in a claim scenario?
- Complexities and practical challenges of claims involving landlords and tenants
- Fraud risk in the business interruption arena, what to look out for
Click HERE to view the full conference programme.
- Ken Norgrove, CEO at RSA Insurance Ireland Ltd
- Ed Butler, Head of Risk Analysis, Pool Re
- Warren Haydock, Technical Manager Claims, Pool Re
- Luke Exford FCILA MRICS, Director, Head of Construction and Engineering, Vericlaim
- Nicola Maher, Partner, Edwin Coe LLP - Insurance Litigation team
- Sue Taylor, Head of Technical & Complex Claims Property & Casualty, Miller Insurance Services LLP
- Richard Keegan FCCA ACILA, Executive Accountant/Adjuster, McLarens
Exhibition & Networking
The CILA Conference will include an exhibition area for sponsors of the CILA. This area will be available throughout the day for refreshment and networking breaks, along with the opportunity to take part in exhibitor activities. Networking drinks will be served at 5.30pm, courtesy of Hawkins.
Annual General Meeting
CILA members are invited to attend the AGM which will begin at 4.30pm and conclude by 5.30pm.
CILA Awards Dinner
Conference delegates can further choose to attend the CILA Awards Dinner in the evening. This informal event starts at 7.00pm with an awards ceremony, with the CILA President awarding prizes to the highest performing candidate in each of the CILA qualifications between August 2016 and July 2017. A three course dinner will follow and the event will conclude at 11.00pm. Tickets to the CILA Awards Dinner can be purchased at a cost of £65 for both CILA members and non-members.
Event bookings are made via 'My CILA'. If you do not have a My CILA account, please create one. My CILA is available to both CILA members and non-members.