Claims Adjuster - Ryan Direct Group
Ryan Direct Group is part of the Ryan Specialty Group , LLC and provides end-to-end insurance services including everything from product development, sales and distribution and compliance through to claims validation and policy administration.
We are looking for experienced qualified claims adjusters to be home based within a number of UK locations, key areas of the role will be to handle claims of varying complexity and value in an efficient and timely manner, supporting the Head of Property Services as directed.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all aspects of Domestic & Commercial claims, processes and be able to interpret and apply policy cover, terms and conditions as appropriate
- Have a detailed knowledge of Building structures including foundations, walls, spanning members their performance and the nature of building materials and material pathology such as freeze-thaw cycle, moisture gradients, rising damp, creep, chemical attack.
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of building defects and their causes.
- Be able to correctly diagnose defects and be able to identify the most appropriate remedial action
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the insurable peril - Subsidence Heave and Landslip and if role appropriate accurately apply policy wording to building claims
- Understand the principles of building repair and maintenance
- Have detailed knowledge of Contractors All Risks, Business Interruption and SME claims settlement
- Have a thorough knowledge of CDM Regulations and Party Wall Act
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Contents claims handling
- Be familiar with restoration procedures and processes following Fire and Flood and similar related incidents
- Proactively direct an investigation appropriate to the circumstances
- Demonstrate applied understanding of advanced negotiation skills to achieve settlement at no more than maximum identified figure
- Demonstrate applied understanding of the legal principles giving rise to subrogation and achieve successful recoveries
- Be able to identify alternative mechanisms for settling claims and consider the impact on indemnity cost
- Be able to use concepts, theories and ideas to negotiate and settle claims
- Make judgements and tailor existing practice to settle complex cases
- Be able to provide in-depth and expert advice to Customers, Clients and other Loss Adjusters
- Have a thorough understanding and application of the file review process and identify potential leakage as part of the claims settlement process
- Apply creativity to obtain the best solution to the claims settlement for the Client
- Be able to undertake investigative interviews on allocated cases
- Be able to obtain witness statements and undertake advanced interviews
- Efficient handling of department insurance claims and any other claims following standard procedures
- Ensure correspondence both written and verbal is responded to within service standards
- Ensure the accuracy of information recorded in the database
- Achieve service standards, company and contractual requirements
Adapt to the constantly changing requirements of the department and the company and perform additional tasks as may be required.
- Salary Competitive – dependent on experience
- Company Car, Phone and Laptop
- Annual bonus scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days with service)
- Life cover
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Retail discounts